Orbera Weight Loss System
Orbera Gastric Balloon is a new incision-less, non-surgical option for weight loss. It bridges the gap between diet and exercise, pharmaceutical options and surgery with great results. The placement of the intragastric balloon is for six months coupled with an individually tailored support program to help patients amplify their weight loss efforts to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Non-surgical, reversible procedure done under a mild sedative, the Orbera intragastric balloon is placed in the stomach and inflated with Saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The balloon is deflated and removed at six months, again under mild sedation.
- Takes up space in the stomach to help patients eat smaller meals. Weight loss is rapid, with the majority of weight lost in the first 3 months.
- With diet and exercise, Orbera has a 3.1 times the weight loss at six months than other procedures.
- Out-patient procedure that typically takes only 20-30 minutes.
- FDA approved with 20 years of intragastric balloon experience and over 220,000 devices placed worldwide.
- Procedure well tolerated by the majority of patients and less side effects than surgical options.